Program and Outreach Coordinator (Closing Date: July 31-17)Company: Variety, the Children's Charity of Manitoba
Date Posted: June 19, 2017
Job Type: Full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Program and Outreach Coordinator is accountable for proactively developing and maintaining relationships with Variety families, partner agencies, and other stakeholders to ensure that Manitobans are aware of Variety’s programs and services. The Program and Outreach Coordinator is also accountable for the collection and analysis of client data.
- Increase visibility and brand for programming through outreach and promotion including presentations.
- Create strong demand for programs (Dental Outreach, Music Therapy, Special Needs, Variety’s Camp Brereton) to meet annual expense budgets.
- Coordinate intake and approval of special needs requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Coordinate with current and new program delivery partners to increase Variety’s visibility in the community.
- Coordinate with program delivery partners to capture data and statistics for analysis and reporting for program donors.
- Develop ongoing relationships with Variety children and Variety families.
- Work with marketing to capture and showcase impact stories of Variety kids.
- Research and develop relationships with suitable foundations that share Variety’s mandate and apply for program grants as per fiscal budget projections.
- Coordinate promotion of, intake of applications, bookings, and invoicing for Variety’s Camp Brereton.
- Prepare reports for Variety’s CEO and Board on a monthly basis.
- Work with Program Committee as required.
- Work with volunteers to assist with job function.
- Provide input into Variety’s annual Business Plan.
- Perform other administrative tasks as necessary.
- Attend occasional professional functions outside of normal business hours.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in related field and/or 3 year’s work experience.
- Experience working with children with disabilities and/or who are impacted by socio economic disadvantage.
- Grant writing experience would be considered as asset.
- Program Development and Community Outreach experience would be considered an asset.
- Research, data collection and analysis experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort working independently and as part of a team.
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities. An ability to see ahead and think strategically is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong time management skills.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Customer services skills.
- Project management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and other professional business software.
If you are a passionate and experienced Program and Outreach Coordinator, or feel that your skills would make you successful in this role, please submit a cover letter including your salary expectations and you resume to Jeff Liba – Chief Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2017.
Applications can also be sent via mail to:
Variety, the Children's Charity of Manitoba
#2 -1313 Border Street
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0X4
Attn: Jeff Liba
Variety, the Children's Charity of Manitoba is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.