Fundraising Coordinator (Closing Date: January 15-18)Company: Variety, the Children's Charity of Manitoba
Date Posted: November 23, 2017
Variety the Children’s Charity is dedicated to raising funds which enable us to meet the tangible needs of children of all abilities in Manitoba. Variety is a non-disease specific children’s charity whose goal is to improve the quality of life for children who are impacted by special needs and/or socio-economic disadvantage.
Variety provides funding to organizations and individuals to purchase critical life-saving medical equipment and services, vital life-changing equipment and services for mobility, independence and social inclusion, and crucial life-enriching communication equipment and services.
Since 1978, Variety has invested over $32 million into programming and services which has had a positive impact in the lives of over 820,000 Manitoba children with special needs.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with Variety donors and sponsors to ensure that adequate funds are generated to meet the needs of the programs that Variety provides for children in Manitoba. The Fundraising Coordinator is also accountable for the collection and analysis of donor data within Variety’s database.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward sustainable relationships with individuals, corporations, and organizations to support the work of Variety in Manitoba.
- Coordinate the annual fundraising program to achieve its revenue goals. The fundraising program includes annual giving, e-philanthropy, major giving, corporate giving and sponsorships, planned giving, and signature events.
- Coordinate a donor stewardship program.
- Coordinate signature events to ensure activity and anticipated results are achieved.
- Oversee volunteer signature event committees and committee meetings.
- Work with the Volunteer & Community Event Coordinator to maintain the database.
- Prepare reports for Variety’s CEO and Board on a monthly basis.
- Work with the Board Fundraising Committee as required.
- Work with volunteers to assist with job functions.
- Provide input into Variety’s annual business plan and budget.
- Perform other administrative tasks as necessary.
- Attend occasional professional functions outside of normal business hours.
Qualifications & Skillset:
- Strong passion for Variety’s mission and mandate
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or equivalent,
- Strong communication skills,
- A minimum of three years of successful experience in fundraising,
- High degree of social intelligence and integrity,
- High energy, outgoing, and a team player,
- Results-oriented, dynamic and enthusiastic individual with demonstrated relationship building skills,
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual, and
- Strong computer skills and database experience.
If you are a passionate and experienced Fundraising Coordinator, or feel that your skills would make you successful in this role, please submit a cover letter including your salary expectations and your resume to Jeff Liba – Chief Executive Officer by January 15, 2018 at:
Variety, the Children's Charity of Manitoba
2 – 1313 Border St
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0X4
Attention: Jeff LIba
Variety, the Children's Charity of Manitoba is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.