Manager, Alumni & Donor Relations Communications (Closing Date: December 10-17)Company: University of Manitoba
Date Posted: November 28, 2017
The University of Manitoba is seeking a Manager, Alumni and Donor Relations Communications to inform and lead the planning, development and implementation of marketing communications strategies and activities. The Manager is responsible for establishing and supporting communications initiatives that advance the objectives, needs and opportunities of Alumni and Donor Relations, and providing insight into how these initiatives fit into the broader university landscape. The Manager plays a vital role in all marketing communications activities for the university’s Front and Centre campaign.
- Create communications strategies and multi-channel materials based on established goals and objectives.
- Leads the development of a team of communication officers and advancement writers, including performance management, professional development and hiring.
- Prioritize and oversee the project work of team members.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior leaders across the university.
- Help to develop communications strategies for the donor and alumni audience in response to large-scale university initiatives.
- Support integrated marketing communications efforts for institution-wide initiatives.
- Six years of directly-related communications and client management experience in an integrated marketing communications setting is required.
- Leadership and management experience is required.
- University degree in a related area of study is required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills are required.
- A high level of creativity and problem-solving skills are required.
- Must have a proven track record of successful strategic communications planning and implementation.
- Must have exceptional leadership and relationship building skills.
- A solid understanding of print and digital communications platforms and the ability to leverage in an integrated way to meet identified goals and objectives are required.
- Must have strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Strong project management skills are required.
- Must possess a high degree of independence, diplomacy and the ability to work collectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and negotiate is required.
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members is required.
- Ability to manage a broad range of marketing communications projects from concept to completion is required.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information is required.
- An understanding of philanthropy in Canada is an asset.
- Experience writing for a publication is an asset.
- Experience working with all levels of staff, including senior administration, external stakeholders and others is an asset.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent pension and benefits package.
- Three weeks of vacation after first year.
- One of Manitoba’s Top Employers for the past five years.
- One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2017).
For the full list of skills and responsibilities and to apply for this opportunity, please visit our website: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=00709